Because ducks are cool. Quack.Which language is the best?
There isn't best language. Each of them has their pros and cons. I've learned a lot of languages, so I can pick one I this is best to use in particular situation.Which language do you recommend to learn as first?
Depends what you want to do. For some I've included libraries/frameworks I can recommend.
- embedded - C
- mobile (android) - Kotlin
- gamedev - C# => Unity / C++ => Unreal Engine
- backend - python => FastAPI
- frontend - JS => Vue.JS
- anything related to apple - here you go
- native (windows only) - C# => WPF
- native (crossplatform) - C++ => Qt
- big data - python
- machine learning - python
- C - never use, no matter how good of a programmer you are you ARE going to make mistakes and C will only attempt to hide them from you.
- C++ - bigger brother of C. I believe that actual changes to the languages (not "additions") would make overall language much better.
- C# - aka "microsoft java", language that
stealsborrows features from other languages, pleasant to use
- Java - don't use, move to kotlin
- Kotlin - much better version of Java, has many amazing features
- Go - unpolished language with many sharp edges (error handling, lack of generics), I'm waiting for Go 2.0
- Rust - I haven't written anything serious in it, so I can't give my opinion yet
- Python - swiss army knife, does everything, use mypy
- JS - has some pitfalls, but after you fall in every one of them you realise it has a library for everything you could imagine